PRODIGY is the new hybrid KU and L-band global service proposed to the maritime market by Navarino.
PRODIGY involves the fastest available satellite broadband services coupled together and fully managed by Navarino
Prodigy, our new hybrid service combines Intelsat FlexMaritime’s network unmatched capabilities and Iridium Certus the fastest L-band network. It is a new concept in connectivity – Connectivity as a managed service. Prodigy is designed to make your life easier by smoothing your daily operations. It evolves together with your applications and connectivity needs. PRODIGY’s smarter infrastructure ensures hyper-efficient distribution of bandwidth to vessels.
More specifically regarding the Ku primary connectivity, Intelsat’s award-winning FlexMaritime service is specifically designed for global commercial maritime trade routes.
FlexMaritime seamlessly integrates:
- Layers of Ku-band high throughput satellite (HTS) spot beams deliver bandwidth density to high traffic routes
- Layers of wide-beam capacity from Intelsat’s global satellite fleet reinforce the HTS coverage for added resiliency and redundancy
- The extensive IntelsatOne teleport and terrestrial infrastructure bring the entire network together into a unified ecosystem
FlexMaritime’s multi-layered design provides a cost-efficient solution for ship operators without having to sacrifice speed and throughput to each ship, even in the most densely populated shipping lanes. This means that ships have access to multiple satellites in most places across the globe, greatly reducing and even eliminating blockages from vessel structures or land-based obstructions. Ship operators can also maintain connectivity, even when routes and bandwidth demand shift unexpectedly.
PRODIGY provides high performance connectivity, the best reliability and true redundancy based on the following advantages:
- It is catered by a dual satellite constellation system
- Intelsat FlexMaritime and Iridium are independent networks
- No single point of failure